Costa Rica is one of my favorite countries that I’ve been to so far. Beautiful landscapes, amazing waterfalls, great food and friendly locals… what more could you ask for?
There is A LOT to do in Costa Rica! But if you only have a week there… here’s some things that I recommend!
I was only able to visit 3 areas of Costa Rica… but it worked out perfectly. My first stop was San Jose, the capital. San Jose is a bustling area with a metropolis city vibe. Next, I went to Manuel Antonio, which is right where the beaches are! And last, I spent a few days in La Fortuna… where you can find tons of waterfalls and a few volcanoes!
- Downtown San Jose – You can hop on the city bus to downtown for very cheap… walk around and explore!
- Poas Volcano – located in central Costa Rica… not too far from San Jose is Poas Volcano. It’s an active volcano that has erupted 40 times since 1828! The last one was in April, 2017! It was pretty cool though! A definite must!
- Doka Estate Coffee Tour – If you love coffee or if you just want a relaxing day and learn a little bit about coffee… this is a fun way to spend a day. Doka Estate is the largest coffee plantation in Costa Rica. You get to see how the coffee is grown, picked and made from start to finish. You also get to try some samples of coffee. After the tour, you can grab lunch at their on site restaurant. The restaurant had some amazing views!
- ATVing! – I had so much fun ATVing in Costa Rica. They take you to a few different waterfalls on the ride! It was awesome!
- Waterfalls, waterfalls, waterfalls – Book some tours that take you to a few different waterfalls. They’re all amazing.
- Ziplining! – Zipline through the jungles and past waterfalls! A MUST DO!
- Manuel Antonio Beach – Grab lunch at one of the many restaurants and then grab a beer and relax on the beach.
- El Avion – If you want to splurge on dinner one night… I recommend El Avion restaurant! The restaurant was made from a plane… yup an actual plane! The views are also amaaaazing here. Very romantic.😉
- Whitewater rafting – This was probably my most favorite thing that I did on this trip. It was so much fun! They also stop at a few points and you can walk around and even cliff dive!
Costa Rica is an amazing country that I hope everyone can visit at least once! You will fall in love!