San Diego is most definitely my favorite city in the US. If it weren’t for the crazy expensive costs to live there…. I would for sure be there right now.
Since I’m not able to live there quite yet… I used to go there for quick little trips every so often. If you’ve never been to San Diego… you’re SO missing out. It’s an amazing city with the perfect weather, beaches everywhere, delicious food and just a relaxing vibe all around.
I’ve come up with a few things to do if you’re going to San Diego for the first time and don’t have a lot of time.
- Coronado Beach – Cross the Coronado Bridge and you’ll find yourself at Coronado Island. Here, you can visit the famous Hotel Del Coronado. Coronado Beach is definitely less crowded than the other beaches, so you can spend a day just relaxing and getting a tan.😊
- Padres Game – YOU MUST go to a San Diego Padres game when in San Diego. The stadium is right in downtown within walking distance of a ton of bars and restaurants. You can score some pretty cheap tickets too.
- Balboa Park – A really beautiful place with a ton of things to see. You can spend the day checking out the museums or just strolling around and enjoying the beautiful buildings.
- Pacific Beach – Pacific Beach is usually pretty crowded but that’s where a lot of the action is. There are tons of shops, restaurants and bars along the beach. I recommend renting a bike and riding along the pathway from one end of the beach to the other. It’s really fun! Then make sure you stop and get a spot to catch the sunset.
- Gaslamp Quarter – A definite must in San Diego. Gaslamp Quarter is in downtown San Diego and that’s where all of the hip restaurants, bars and clubs are. Spend a night out on the town and club hop or bar hop!
- Check Out a Farmer’s Market – I love going to Farmer’s Markets. It’s one of my favorite things to do whenever I visit different cities.
- EAT TACOS! – DUH! San Diego is literally less than a 30 minute drive to Mexico… Tijuana to be exact. So, of course San Diego has some of the best tacos outside of actual Mexico. Tacos and Tequila!🌮🌮YESSSSS.